I’m Janéa Holmquist, and I have spent over a decade protecting you, your wallet, and your rights as an Eastern Washington Senator in the State Legislature.
I invite you to get to know me better. Here you can learn more about me, my stand on the issues, how to volunteer, who’s endorsed me, and how to contribute to my campaign.
Sen. Holmquist's Response to Primary Results
More About Janéa: The Candidate For WA's 4th Congressional District
At 31, Janéa was elected the youngest female State Senator in Washington history after serving three terms as a State Representative. Janéa holds a B.A. in Political Science and Sociology from Gonzaga University, and she is a graduate of the University of Idaho’s Energy Policy Planning Program. Holmquist is a proven voice for lower taxes and less regulation, has fought for small businesses and farms, and has shown compassion for seniors and children!
Her leadership has been recognized around the state, culminating with honors such as being named:
- National Rifle Association Highest Possible "A" Rating
- National Federation of Independent Business’ (NFIB) “Outstanding Legislator” (twice, an unprecedented honor);
Washington Farm Bureau Legislator of the Year
(consecutive years, an unprecedented honor);
- Washington State Potato Commission's Legislator of the Year;
- Association of General Contractors' Legislator of the Year;
- Legislative Hero by the Washington Restaurant Association;
- Association of Washington Business' Jim Matson Award winner;
- Association of Washington Business Cornerstone Award winner;
- A recipient of the Business Institute of Washington's Business Star Award; and others . . .
Janéa's emphasis remains on:
- Improving the business climate;
- Promoting quality education;
- Ensuring access to quality and affordable health care;
- Decreasing crime;
- Promoting job development;
- Protecting property and water rights;
- Promoting energy independence; and,
- Requiring fiscal accountability.
Janéa is committed to protecting you, your wallet, and your rights!
Let’s keep Senator Holmquist's experience and leadership working for us!